Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Tired Day

Yesterday I was tired. I could hardly keep my eyes open to stare at this silly computer. I think everything had finally caught up with me (and being woken by 3 different doctors starting at 5am doesn't help either). I didn't see a lot of docs yesterday, except for probably the most significant part of my day, when they changed my vac for the first time. Dr. Hodgson, one of the wound vac docs, came in with all of his stuff and staff and started everything at 9am. They just gave me a stronger dose of a drug that I normally can take for pain and said that if it gets bad, then we'll give you more to put you to sleep. It wasn't horrible, but I think he could tell that I was uncomfortable and he said for the first time, it would probably be better for me to just sleep through it. So that's what I did...slept...again. What am I going to do when I have to get this thing changed at home?? We'll worry about that when we get there, right?

He said the wound is looking good, healing nicely and that's about it. I got a call from a company that arranges for me to have a home vac, which is smaller than the one in the hospital. It basically has a hose attached to it and as one friend said to me last night, I'll have a little friend to take everywhere with me (thanks, Kelli).:) For the rest of the day, it was just a matter of managing pain, which I don't have a lot of, taking naps, chatting with visitors (thanks for coming!) and not much else.

What does Wednesday hold? Well, I'm not quite sure. I'm not supposed to have another vac change until Friday and Thanksgiving is in there so I know it's going to be a little quieter around here (or that's what I've been told). Will I be going home soon? Not sure. According to some doctors, yes, but what's soon? So I just live one day at a time in my head and don't get my hopes up for anything until I talk to people who let me sign things that show I am on my way out the door. I haven't done any of that yet, so I'll make the most of my little cave here in downtown GR.:)

God continues to amaze me by revealing himself through the docs and nurses and situations that keep arising. I had more conversations again yesterday that just show how God's hand has been on us this whole time. Thank you again, Lord Jesus, for proving that you DO EXIST IN EVERYTHING!

"Fear not for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10

5 comments:

  1. Your body is telling you to REST! Though it is hard to miss Thanksgiving events, taking care of yourself as a mom and getting the rest you need is of utmost importance right now. You can be counting your blessings from your hospital bed! :) I am thankful for God's clear hand in your recovery after this very scary time. Take good care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying For You Mrs Rosencrans. Hope that you can come home soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Mrs Rosencrans-
    We pray for you every day. Please feel better soon. I miss you and your smiling face in my gym class!
    --One of your students

    ReplyDelete
  4. And now you are HOME!! Praise God!!! I am so thankful honey. Enjoy and cherish every sweet second. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry, that last comment is from me, Sal! Haha, Olivia wasn't signed out :)

    ReplyDelete